Home

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Living Room Redo




So here we are it’s 2012 and I’m ready to decorate. Five years ago my husband and I purchased a powder blue sofa from Macy’s in NYC. A month after the purchase, I got pregnant and now five years, two kids and multiple homes later, powder blue is now dove grey…gross. Anyway, we have decided to order a new sofa and in doing so it’s naturally snow balled into an entire living room. Isn’t that how these things happen? Or is that just me? I am a bit obsessive when it comes to furniture and the like. I need a new couch, but the new couch makes the old rug look ratty, so I have to replace it. Now the drapes don’t match …oh hell, lets just redo the whole thing. So here we are, new year , new living room. I’m trying to keep this as affordable as possible because my children are not house broken and since we don’t have a formal living room I anticipate redoing my living room again in another five years. Being the avid Internet shopper that I am, every purchase will be made online.
• Sofa – overstock.com
• Alexa Rug – overstock.com
• Sunflower Mirror – www.designpretty.com
• Mirrored 3-Piece Cabinet – homedecorators.com
• Marie Arm Chair and Ottoman – homedecorators.com
• Kaden Spot Floor Lamp – homedecorators.com
• Drapes and Decorative Pillows Custom Made – www.designpretty.com

1 comment: