Home

Friday, July 1, 2011

First Day of Summer Vacation

Today is the first day of summer for me, as my kids are officially out of school as of yesterday….boo-hoo ;-(  So I stumble out of bed, make some coffee amid the multiple requests for milk, Dora (the explorer) Barney and the like.  After filling the requests I sit at my computer, breeze through my emails, then surf over to Pottery Barn Kids.  Much to my shock the home page image is of children waiting for a school bus and the tag line reads        “ Back to School Gear” while the top of the page has a Link to their 4th of July sale.  Reeeally……… It’s July first people.  Listen I want my kids back in school as much as the next guy but come - oon.   Macy’s is selling Christmas decorations in September, it’s a little ridiculous.  Can we just take a chill pill.  Yeah I went there…I said chill pill and yes I’m 34.  Sometimes you have to take it back to 8th grade to get your point across “Chill Pill”  Well now that I’ve finished my rant let’s get back to decorating.  OK where was I…. ah yes, Pottery Barn Kids.

So I’m working on my kids play room, and hunting for every sale and discount I can possibly get my hands on.  I love the look of the PBK play rooms but they can get a little expensive especially since I have to ship everything to Bermuda which is roughly an additional 75% to 80%.  I already have the Cameron book cases but I opted for baskets from JC Penny because they were substantially less expensive at $25.00 a pair.  I then went with the JC Penny TV Stand which looks a lot like the PBK Cameron TV unit.  

PBK Cameron Media Wall Unit


 Linden TV Base Unit from JC Penny


 Linden Entertainment Unit from JC Penny



I need an area rug and that’s still up in the air.  Not really sure what direction if any I’m going in.  This is a unisex space but it can easily go girly as my color pallet is a light one.

Stockholm Rug from Ikea

Lusy Blum Rug from Ikea


Seating,  Meldal Daybed from Ikea. 


 It’s cute and extremely comfy I have had a few naps on this bed and I’m loving it.  I keep it dressed in white inexpensive sheets and pillowcases because my kids are savages…..yeah I said it. It works out well, whenever there’s a spill and their always is.  I throw the sheets and pillowcases in the washer and they come out brand new.  It gives the room a clean crisp look.  My issue is that the room is devoid of style.  Yes it’s nice and clean but as Kathryn Ireland of Million Dallor Decoraters  would say it needs some funk.  What to do?  You will see, stay tuned… Chow for now

No comments:

Post a Comment